BECOME A PEER FACILITATOR
We are looking for peer facilitators for a vibrant and passionate group on campus designed to help all students establish and maintain a positive body image and prevent eating disorders. The Body-Peace Corps facilitators go into residence halls, sororities, and other campus groups and student organizations and lead a powerful interactive discussion around body image and the costs of pursuing an impossible beauty ideal. Facilitators are on the front one of changing the dialogue that is taking place on our campus regarding the destructive behaviors and attitudes that exist around body size, discrimination, and what it means to create a community that is inclusive of everyone!
This is the perfect opportunity if you are...
- Passionate about changing the campus culture around body image.
- Wanting to make a different in the lives of other students on campus.
- Interested in learning valuable group facilitation skills.
- Studying psychology, social work, medicine, education, communications, community action and social change (CASC), and public health.
BECOME A GENERAL MEMBER
If you do not have time or energy to become a peer facilitator, there are many other ways to bring your talents and passions to the group.
Throughout the year, we have ongoing projects and events and we can always use more help with:
- Planning speaker events, movie screenings, and performances
- Our annual production of the Body Monologues
- Eating Disorder Awareness Week events
- Campus and high school outreach
- Art and poster projects
- Speakers Bureau
- Video production and web design
- Service opportunities
- And MORE....